View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #10
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
When I was at the university, there were professors that required that during the exam you present that you have his book. Then book had to be unsigned. Then he signed the book for you, so next year all class had to purchase their own new ones. Without having the book signed you did not have chance to go through the exam successfully.
Now, THAT is what I call gouging.
I am sure that would be illegal here, or at least, the university would step in if students complained. I remember there being a rule that every professor had to put at least one copy of every reading for the course on reserve at the library (this was a special section where you could only sign out the books for two hours at a time and they could not leave the library) so that students who could not afford to buy them would still have access to the course materials.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote