View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 05:25 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbp View Post
Yesterday, I picked it up and read the page that was showing, then pressed the button for the next page.

The display went weird. From about halfway down the left edge there is a starburst pattern that includes some of the previous text. Changing the page makes the screen flash black then return exactly as it was before. I have tried turning the reader off, and I have tried the reset button. Neither had any effect. The reader froze up once before, but reset fixed it. This time nothing I try makes any difference.
That sounds very much like a broken screen. The current eInk screens are made on a glass substrate - this is fragile and easily broken by pressure and especially twisting.

If you post a sharp picture of the screen, it should be possible to tell for sure - the patterns on a broken screen are usually easy to identify, once you've seen one or two.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote