View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
PaladinBL
Enthusiast
PaladinBL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
HTML importing problem

Tonight I installed 0.2.0 version and it looks nice. It is faster than previous version that I had.

I have a problem when creating ePub from HTML. Can I use option "Add existing items" to add HTML files? It look that I can but when I insert, for example, three HTML files and save it as ePub I have this situation: first HTML file have 10 pages on PRS-505 reader, it opens only first page, then skips next nine pages and it jumps after 1st page directly to 10th page (that is first page of second HTML file), and after that it jumps to 24. page (that is first page of third HTML file). So I only have first page on reader of every HTML file, I see just fraction of text that I have in HTML files.

I have the same problem with Calibre. When I create LRF in Calibre it looks great, but with ePub I have the same problem.

I created good ePub in Sigil only when I manually copy/paste text from all HTML files (book is divided in 20-30 HTML files, one file = one chapter) to Sigil and save it as ePub. Or when I copy/paste all text from HTML to Word, save as RTF, import that RTF in Calibre, convert to ePub, open that ePub in Sigil, and then I create 20-30 chapter breaks to make chapters.

So...what is the best way to create ePub from 20-30 HTML files/chapters?
PaladinBL is offline   Reply With Quote