View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 06:00 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Checking Canadian copyright laws,

http://www.cipo.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/ci...g/wr00506.html

it seems to me that the following section applies:

"[...] the work was created before July 25, 1997 [...] the author dies, the work is published, performed or delivered prior to July 25, 1997, [then] the copyright lasts for the remainder of the calendar year in which the work was first published, performed or delivered and for 50 years after that.

So the poems in the 1941 edition are definitely now in the public domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
Harry, as far as I know, only 21 of the poems (out of about 180), which were published when the poet was still alive, can be found in public domain sites. I've checked archive.org also. The earliest instance of an edition of this complete collection was published in 1941. For this 1992 edition that I have, the "edits" that were done were basically reevaluations of punctuation and of fragments based on manuscripts and scholarly familiarity with the poet's work.

Would I be correct in thinking that MR would not be comfortable with an upload of a copy of these poems, despite the opinion of owl123 above?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote