View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zistmo View Post

In my opinion, if Amazon fix these issues in future firmware update/s, the Kindle Paperwhite will be a very good pdf reader. Until that day, if it comes, my I vote for the tablets as well (but in that case I would probably wait as well for the future iPad mini with retina display).

But I still think that the main problem here is poor software implementation, not the hardware.
You should just install kindlepdfviewer on your KK and enjoy, or if you read a lot of A4 pdfs then buy used DX and install kindlepdfviewer there too.
It is two or three times cheaper solution than new Icarus Excel or iPad.

Even before kindlepdfviewer I have been reading scanned pdfs for a few years on 6" readers, but those pdfs are books with page width under 16 cm, so after cropping the margins and printing in landscape mode I've got about the same letter size as in paper books and I can use highlighting, annotation, hand-drawing, dictionary, search etc. on Sony Prs T1 and page turning is very quick.

A4 pdfs are not pleasure to read that way because letters are to small for 6", but we can use reflow with k2pdfopt that will usually yield good results.

For A4 pdfs I use Kindle DX with kindlepdfviewer (usually outdoors) or tablet/notebook(usually indoors).

With kindlepdfviewer on Kindle DX (landscape mode) we can get the same letter size as on A4 paper or usually even magnification after cropping the margins in about half a minute.

I don't have problems with LCDs but those who can't read for a longer periods on tablets/notebooks because of eye fatigue and need to do a lot of annotation of A4 pdfs, should try to read on Kindle Dx and simultaneously annotate/highlight in tablet/notebook or use them for color pictures, dictionaries, search etc. if they need it faster.

Last edited by markom; 12-18-2012 at 12:55 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote