View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Read&Write
Enthusiast
Read&Write has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx M92
Hi rocep,

I would not use the M92 as a real replacement for pen and paper. Here's why:
- The stylus stops working sometimes. You need to move it away from the screen for ~2 seconds in order to make it work again. This happens very frequently, making writing a bit of a hassle.
- No "coulours". You can choose between black and white as colours. Although the M92 would - in theory - allow several shades of grey, those are not available for writing.

You need to ask yourself if you need to write quickly (e.g. in class, in a business meeting...). If that is the case, you will probably not be happy with the M92. Otherwise, it might be a viable option.

What you can do with the M92:
- Scribbling on an unlimited amount of pages (with different backgrounds - lines, squares, blank...)
- Scribble rather precisely (very good recognition of the stylus' position)
- Export your notes to pdf

My personal experience is that the M92 is not a suitable replacement for pen and paper. If that is the only reason you consider buying an M92, you might want to invest into a tablet pc instead. It is a great device wrt the functionalities concerning displaying electronic documents (the best available device on the market, actually), but its focus is not on writing.

I hope this helps.
Read&Write is offline   Reply With Quote