View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #10
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi Revellian View Post
(Btw, I'm a tad worried that your name is all lower case.)
You're not the only one.

Things that obviously should be symmetrical but aren't (one of a row of square items slightly out of line, for instance), mini-blinds with the concave side toward the room, slightly open drawers, and, yes, those broadcaster logos, all drive me nuts. And lower-case forum logos (also greengrocers' apostrophes, misused commas, inconsistent spacing, and that thing people do with semicolons).

I have several close family members who can do my proofreading. None of them seem to share my issues with things that Just Aren't Right, but they're sufficiently aware of text that my errors (I'm particularly prone to duplicated words and other cut-and-paste errors) jump off the page at them. Maybe it's because we're all bookworms (yes, two whole families of them ... it was a memorable childhood shock to realize that other people aren't) but I've never had a problem finding a proofreader.

Someone who can actually understand what I've written, on the other hand ... there are times even I can't do that. I suspect that's prima facie evidence of my need for an editor.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote