View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemir View Post
Hi Dennis, thanks for your answer and i'm sorry for delay....... i have not yet made what you say but i have tried to use another software: iSilo - http://www.isilo.com/ - and iSilox - http://www.isilox.com/ -. With iSiloX i have converted the Debian manual in few minutes and the result is very good! The file is lightly bigger of plucker format but it is more similar to original. And in plucker the tables are not imported well and the text has a lot of mistakes. I do not think there is a problem of the internet connection, iSiloX works very fine in online mode as well as in local mode! However the iSilo reader is not free or open source but commercial in the full mode (almost 10,00 Euro - you can use it in free mode but does not support all the functionality) but i think that is a valid solution! However, thanks!
<shrug>

I looked at iSilo back when, but Plucker met my needs. (I keep iSiloX desktop around to convert Windows Truetype fonts to a form I can put on the PDA, where another utility converts them for use in applications.)

Like I said, I couldn't reproduce your problem. I downloaded the Debian manual to a local directory and converted for Plucker from it, and everything worked fine.

Agreed, table support is not well developed in Plucker. That hasn't been an issue for me.

If iSilo solved your problem, by all means, use it.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote