View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #9
ellimak
I spit hot fire
ellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook, or as I call him, Sir Nookington
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookNewbie123 View Post
The other problem is this: It's not what you know, but who you know. Someone else I know (They go to a top University) told me about a friend he knows who just did drugs and drank alcohol the entire year they were at University and then left and went to work with their dad. (His father owns a company)
Oh, that is DEFINITELY true. More often than not, when a position is posted, the company already has a person in mind. I suppose it makes sense in a way; when you have 100+ resumes on your desk, someone with a personal or professional connection is going to have a clear advantage. The only exception I can think of is a government position -- they are legally obligated to hire the most qualified candidate. That's not to say it always happens that way, but it is pretty well regulated.
ellimak is offline   Reply With Quote