View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 01:55 PM   #2359
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I just finished reading Sally Field's memoir In Pieces, read by Sally Field. While it was a tough listen/read in some places, I ultimately enjoyed it immensely. Even as I was yet again horrified by what we've now come to know as #MeToo. I've long been impressed with Ms. Field as an actor who somehow managed to transcend her early "Gidget/Flying Nun" persona to become Sybil, and Norma Ray, and Mary Todd Lincoln. This was a fascinating look at the forces driving her to become a gifted and compelling actor. Highly recommended.
And now, finished #8 in the wonderful Ava Lee series from Ian Hamilton - The Princeling of Nanjing. I'd read the book when it first came out, but Anansi Press just released new Audible versions of #8-10. In reverse order, so I read them in reverse order. Weird, but given they were all re-reads anyway, it was fine. And the new reader, Canadian actress Grace Lynn Kung, is pretty good. She's a shade formal for the descriptive English portions, but her grasp of Chinese names and place names is superb and fluid. Overall, a good choice of reader, and they're wonderful books.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote