View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #7
jcsalomon
Zealot
jcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bookari (née Mantano Reader) on Android; Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I have been looking into the workings of KFX since it first appeared and have some hacked together tools for examining content, nothing in a state to be shared at the moment.
In a GitHub project-not-to-be-mentioned-here, I see someone’s been able to unpack a KFX file into Amazon’s Ion format, but I have not yet seen what such an unpacking looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
During conversion to KFX a prefix is added to the names of any fonts embedded in the book. Each book gets a different prefix. […] The same prefix is added to the font definition and to each reference to it within the book. Fonts that are called out in the book, but not embedded, do not get a prefix added.

In the case of your book the prefix is added to the font definition and to most references, but some references are left unprefixed and so end up calling for a non-existent font.
Is the Ion format doing the effective equivalent of inlining CSS?
jcsalomon is offline   Reply With Quote