View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 06:51 PM   #45
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I finally used it a couple of days ago. It didn't go smooth, as I ranted on another forum. Its just that I find the instructions confusing and when you already intimidated, it doesn't help. I wasn't sure what the float pin looks like when under pressure as it didn't change from when I put the lid on. I didn't know it was working, until after the cooking time and when I released the steam, then the pin dropped a bit. But it was as high as it was under pressure when I put it on. So that was confusing. I figured it would stick out higher. Be nice to have some pics of that in the manual. The timing stuff is also confusing.

I used a recipe that used the meat/stew button, which says 35 minutes. But in the chart in the booklet it says for stew 20 minutes. That is a huge difference and it doesn't say what release on that chart, natural, instant, no clue.

Anywho, I made Thai beef curry and it came out really good. I used the recipe from this site.

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/13958635...hai-beef-curry

It uses the preset button and it was very very tender. I like it that way, but others might want more chewiness. I don't like my beef chewy though. I just cut up a chuck roast on sale into 1.5 inches large chunks.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote