View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 01:53 PM   #929
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
As long as the EPUB contains all the parts of the book, and uses sensible CSS for stuff such as the chapter headings and body text, it'll probably be fine with me.
I did some work on conversion of KFX to EPUB last year. You can see an example of the sort of result you can expect in this post.

I have tinkered with this on and off since then. If a need for conversion from KFX becomes necessary then I will revisit that effort and turn it into a calibre plugin.

Conversion from EPUB to KFX and back to EPUB loses some information, such as the exact html tags and classes used, but does preserve the visible content of the original book with only minor formatting changes. The unpacked contents of KF8 format is far closer the original EPUB, but using KFX as a conversion source would be better than nothing if KF8 becomes more difficult to obtain.

Added: Resolution and color of images in KFX books is tailored to different platforms. The results will depend on the device from which the KFX book is taken. Kindle for PC will yield better e-book images than an e-ink Kindle.

Last edited by jhowell; 09-28-2017 at 02:36 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote