View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 11:23 PM   #408
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
I will take a look, but actually I don't particularly want to use 2 apps to do all that; I really want a reader app that supports the collections functionality I've got used to in the Kobo (and to a lesser extent, the iOS Kindle app), and to be able to display any series information recorded in Calibre. The Kobo collections functionality is managed via Calibre - I set a metadata 'tag' in a specific column and that 'tag' is the collection/shelf that shows up on the Kobo when the book is sent to the Kobo.
Using Calibre companion (CC) paired with Moon + Reader looks to be one app. I simply navigate to the book I want to read in CC, using all of the metadata that I normally see in Calibre then click read or long press on the book and the book pops up in the reading app. Next time I want to continue reading the book I simply click on the book in the widget on my desktop and the book opens to the ple place I left off.

In my opinion it doesn't get any better then using CC paired with a reading app.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote