Thread: DR Fanbase
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
Grimulkan
Lord
Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Q1 (on way out), PRS505, DR1000S (dead :<), TC1100 (10'' perfection!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
IMO, it's definitely premature since nobody knows how well the DX works in the "real world". We've just seem demos and announcements. Let's see how well it lives up to the hype once consumers start reporting back on it. People who want to switch already, probably fall into the "grass is always greener..." type mentality. Those sorts of people probably weren't hardcore fans anyway.
I know, I know, but we do have a sub-$500 9.7'' eink device out there now. Assuming there aren't any giant blunders (i.e., most PDF files are supported and load in reasonable time etc.) in the KDX, meaning it works in the real world and does what it is supposed to do, reasonably, I was wondering if people would shell out that extra $350+ for open software, folders etc. You're probably right, might be a tad bit theoretical at this point.
Grimulkan is offline   Reply With Quote