View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 04:12 AM   #567
just_me
just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook Simple Touch (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I have been following your discussion with some interest because it seemed a really unusual problem. So, I downloaded your sample to try it out. Your book seems to display perfectly in my copy of CoolReader on my Transformer Prime tablet. CoolReader has a huge number of display configuration settings so it is quite probable that my settings are not the same as yours. But, maybe my results will help just_me to help you? FWIW, your book appears to be UTF-8 encoded, and your apostrophe characters are encoded as 3 bytes.
Yes, not only the apostrophe, also the double quotes. They are the curved ones used by Microsoft Word usually (U+2019, U+201C, U+201D) so I am thinking it is a font issue. Do you have any fonts in your CoolReader's fonts folder?
Another option would be to convert the files to use regular ' and ", but that will be harder than just placing a font in the proper place ...
just_me is offline   Reply With Quote