View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #15
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Unfortunately you really can't look at it that way. An eBook sale will generally be instead of a paper book sale, not as well as, so the eBook has to share the same costs that the paper book would have. You can't regard eBook sales as cost-free.
I'm certain that your knowledge in this area is better than mine but my gut feeling tells me you're wrong. The different price points appeal to different types of reader. Also those with an ereader will also want an ebook rather than a pbook so if there isn't a competitivly priced ebook available then they'll just skip that book. I'm a bit different as I just download my books and then, if I like them, I buy the pbook to go in my library. If the prices are around the £3 mark then I'd feel little issue in paying the ebook price and again, if I like the book, I'd still buy a physical copy. I'd probably like some method of deducting the price of the ebook from the pbook though
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote