View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
sdfgg
sdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura about

Device: pocketbook,kobo
Smile Pocketbook 3 128GB and 512Gb sd card confirmed

The InkPad 3 finally arrived, I got lucky and bought it "new open box" for 150 Euros, yay me

I was curious about the 32gb limit caused by the SDHC compatibility of the device. Using Gparted, i just formatted a 128 micro sd card (its actually the sd card I had in my phone, a Samsung evo select 126gb) to fat32, copied 50Gb of pdfs and manga just enough to test it, inserted it into the InkPad 3 and started enjoying my tastes in escapism here and there when instead should have been reading scientific papers for some research that is due in two weeks...

I also plan on getting a 512 Gb card when possible, so I will update this post when I try using it.

TLDR; format the sdcard to fat32 (tested only with gparted in ubuntu) and enjoy your pocketbook with 128Gb storage , it should work on other "limited devices".

UPDATE:

Well, finally I was able to get a 512Gb card with a nice discount [MB-MC512GAEU] . After testing it was not a fake one, formatting the card as previously described and having loaded some files, it was tested in the PocketBook Inkpad3 (740) and yup, it also works as the 128Gb, no problem whatsoever.

For those interested I hope it helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191204-042355_Gallery.jpg
Views:	857
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	175321  

Last edited by sdfgg; 12-04-2019 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Update on testing a new card as promised
sdfgg is offline   Reply With Quote