View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 01:36 PM   #30
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Having tried reverse video mode on my KO2, it strikes me that there's probably an excellent reason why rather few books are printed in white ink on black paper . I don't like it at all - it reminds me of reading on a terminal screen 30 years ago!
White text on black (on screen at least) seems to be a specific minority taste. But the people who like it really like it. Many coders who look at text on screen all day seem to like it.

I vastly prefer it to normal black text on white. It's much easier on my eyes. But I don't think I'll like it on e-ink, because the black isn't black but very much grey.

White text on black was the norm until the advent of GUI. Movie still often use light on dark GUIs because they look better when photographed.

PS: the obvious reason books aren't printed white text on black is you'd be using vast amounts of ink.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote