Thread: Which to get?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 05:35 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
I've only used Sony for ebook readers. I currently have a T3 and just recently have two lines that across the screen that white out the words. I'm trying to decide if I should get another T3 or switch to a new brand. I currently buy from Amazon, but I have books from the Sony/Kobo store before Sony stopped selling books. I use Calibre to upload and sort my books.
I don't need to have wi-fi, I'm fine with connecting to my computer with a USB to upload books. I don't need sound or lighting.
So what is a good basic reader; the Kindle, Kobo, or Nook?
Better not the Nook. Some people have problems with sideloading to their Nooks. The Kindle and the Kobo are both fine. If you want to manage collections on your ereader with Calibre (no idea if you can do that with your Sony), then get the Kobo, as the Kindle collections won't work with Calibre (they must be managed manually on the device).

Last edited by Sirtel; 11-04-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote