View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #927
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
So, you didn't read the "Welcome to Kobo" guide? Or the help? Both actually have some helpful hints.
I did, but couldn't make it work, so I think I assumed that it was one of those nice things that had gone MIA during one of the firmware updates (not an unreasonable assumption!) It was only when trying to highlight something yesterday that the cat jogged my hand, and the page turned the opposite way than the selection-zone was set to.

Quote:
Not directly connected to this, but it occurred to me that part of the sensitivity issue is that it pressing for a while triggers the highlighting. That might explain why some people feel that a light tap will turn the page, but a longer press doesn't. And there is probably a point in there which is to long to turn the page, but not long enough to trigger the highlight.
Yes, I have come to this conclusion, too. There seems to be a 'grey area' in which nothing will happen. Not a bad thing, but it takes some getting used to.

Quote:
Interestingly, the "Welcome to Kobo" guide has an button in the bottom menu. This has zoom and rotate options when pressed.
I hadn't noticed that when I was doing my rapid "how does this thing work?" scan when I first got it. I'll have to find the file and put it back on my KT.

Quote:
I've been doing a lot of annotations in the last few days while reading a book. I keep wanting to scream when I try to adjust the highlights.
Oh, yes - I know that feeling so well!!
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote