View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
"Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett--though I personally cannot appreciate the original English language version, but rather enjoy my Hungarian translations thereof.

"Things I and my girlfriend have argued about" by Mil Millington

Anything by P. G. Wodehouse.

- Ahi
hey ! somebody else who knows mil millington ! i love that guy ! i will strongly second this recommendation. his emails / columns / website are also hilarious, if you're interested.

also second wodehouse, of course. and jerome k. jerome. and i imagine you've read all the douglas adams books ?

mark twain is also really funny and you can get several of his books here.

i also love gerald durrell's books ("my family and other animals", etc.) but i'm not sure if they're available as ebooks (hm, i should check...).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote