View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 07:35 PM   #5
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
If you are into philosophy, here are a couple of recent books I'd highly recommend:

I'd also suggest the Peter Adamson series, "A History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps." It is currently up to 5 volumes with the fifth volume, "Classical Indian Philosophy", due to be released June 1, 2020.

Of course, philosophy covers many things. I am currently reading Simon Wiesenthal's "The Sunflower: On the Possibilities and Limits of Forgiveness" which includes Wiesel's original story plus contributions from contributions from the Dalai Lama, Harry Wu, Cynthia Ozick, Primo Levi. Iit is a fascinating look into the question of what would "I/you" do in the circumstances.

Last edited by rhadin; 02-15-2020 at 10:29 PM. Reason: corrected author name for "The Sunflower"
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote