View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #24
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Maybe it's just how it looks on my computer screen, but the screenshot Kyrilson posted appears so low-contrast as to be very difficult to read.

I wish the Overdrive app had more adjustments for appearance. Most of my reading is library books and the Overdrive app has 3 color settings - white-on-black, black-on-white, and sepia. Sepia sounds like a good idea but the regular fonts don't provide enough contrast while the bold fonts are too bold (at least for my eyes). I don't like white-on-black. The basic black-on-white is the most readable (for me) but the white background makes it feel like I am looking into a light unless I turn the brightness so far down that contrast is lost. Also, it doesn't go dim enough for reading in a dark room (if I want to read in bed.)

Maybe someday Overdrive will add more options. For now, I am sticking with basic black-on-white e-ink, even though it does mean carrying two devices.
Yeah, this is mainly my low-light settings. During the day I have the same background, but a lighter text font that's more of an off cream color. It definitely stands out more then. But at night, the one I posted works well for me.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote