View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 12:22 AM   #1
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
[Alpha] Kobo-UNCaGED - Calibre wireless connection

Hi Folks,

I've been working on this on and off for a while now, and I thought it's probably about time to let the public have a go to try and break it (won't be hard ).

Introducing Kobo-UNCaGED, an implementation of the Calibre wireless protocol for Kobo devices. You can now stop looking longingly at those pesky Android readers and their Calibre Companion app, as this program lets us Kobo eink users join the wireless fun too!

This is an initial public alpha release of the software. There will be bugs. Probably lots of bugs. It shouldn't brick your Kobo though. If you are worried about data loss, I would recommend backing up your user partition first.

NiLuJe helped me with some early testing, and hopefully between us we've found most of the show-stopper issues. Along the way, NiLuJe fixed my shell scripts for me too. Thanks NiLuJe!

I'll let my readme explain more details: https://github.com/shermp/Kobo-UNCaGED

Release archive can be found at github

Please test and provide feedback. I also welcome pull-requests, if anyone wants to help improve it. I'm under no illusions that my code is perfect, or even particularly clean, so any assistance is very much appreciated.

Have fun!

Last edited by sherman; 04-24-2024 at 12:47 AM.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote