View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #219
micha123
micha123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCookie View Post
App for enforcing status bar in attachment.
* Automatic Text To Speech for dictionary.
Does it mean with this app it is possible to use TTS like Ivona, Google or SVOX together with other reading Apps like Alreader or Moon+ Reader Pro.

---

I am asking, because I am looking for a new 6-8' Android e-ink reader with Android 4.4+ (I could install the local library app), Play Store, TTS, 3,5' headphone jacket or bluetooth audio, SD card slot optional.

So far I have found no Android replacement for my broken Imcosys ImcoV6L. It wasn't sold with Play Store and TTS neather. And because of missing options within the system settings, I had to modify Settings.apk. Without modified Settings.apk, reading Apps couldn't find the installed TTS. Starting at zero and no community solutions for the ImcoV6L available, it was a very hard run for me doing this. I wasn't aware adding TTS would be this compilcated, more like installing another App and the ImcoV6L was already rooted by default...
---

Suggestions? Buying a Likebook Mars or would I be disappointed, no TTS?

My first thought was buying a Onyx Boox. But the Kepler Pro seems to be sold out. The C67ML Carta2 is too expensive after import to Germany (and no Android 4.4+) compared to the Likebook Mars or Plus as well.

If I would go with 1024x758 again, the Onyx Boox C67ML Carta+ seems to be an option (around 120 USD). But it wouldn't be a upgrade compared to my old Imcosys. But there is a C67 Youtube Video demonstrating Oreader and TTS.
micha123 is offline   Reply With Quote