View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #214
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
I think "fduniho" got the update via OTA like I did this morning. I just woke Mars from sleep mode & saw a msg about a system update; downloaded & installed.

Google Play store doesn't work even when framework is enabled; Gmail says google services is missing & won't run without it.

Tried the "next to the latest" ver of google services for arm64-8a at appmirror & play store popped up with a blank screen which I thought meant google account manager was needed. Installed google account manager & got the same blank screen.

Gmail says I need to update google services before it will run.

The system upgrade is a botched installed as someone forgot include some needed files. Poorly done; hope Boyue is not following how m$ or apple does the upgrades.
Yes. I got that OTA update this morning as well. But I had already done the manual update, so Play Store already was working for me.

I could be wrong - but my understanding of what the Amazon seller said was that, if you have one of the "first batch" of our devices, the only way to get Google stuff to work is to get a manual update downloaded from Boyue that in effect wipes the device and installs Google-capable firmware. I was told that an OTA update, by itself, wouldn't do it. Why? I don't have a clue! But it seems to be the case.

What confuses me is that the Amazon seller seems to have told different people different things. A few of us here - like me - got the link to the manual update. Others were told that they needed to send in the device to get the update done. Still others were told that all they could do was get a refund.

The Amazon seller should email you a link to download this manual firmware update, along with the instructions. (I say "should", assuming that the seller wants to follow good, ethical business practices.) AFAIK, it's the only way to get Play Store running. It sucks, yes, but that seems to be the way it is.
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote