View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #212
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fduniho View Post
I got update BYRead-V1.0.3-2018101819 last night. BySettings was renamed UserSettings, Settings was renamed Android Setings, and a new App Store appeared. I found Google Play Store in this app store and installed it, but it would not run. I then checked the gear icon in the Apps Settings and found the "Enable Google Framework" option. I turned this option on, but Google Play Store still does not work. When I tap the icon, it does not run. Is there anything else I can do to get Google to work? I have an early model that did not get Google Play earlier.
Did you get a link from the Amazon seller - or whoever you bought your device from - for a manual firmware upgrade? I also have one of the early devices, and was told that this was necessary for Play Store to work. What you get basically wipes clean your device and installs the Play Store-friendly firmware that later buyers got. If you didn't get that link, or upgrade in that way, Play Store won't work. Ask the seller for the upgrade files. And ask again, if necessary. I have them, but I had to promise that I would share them with no one before I got them - so I can't offer them to you (or anyone else).

Once you do that, Play Store will work.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote