View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 07:47 PM   #32
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
I have entirely too many fountain pens (love the ones by Platinum with the Carbon Black ink, which is much more satisfying than typical fountain pen inks), plus all sorts of gel ink pens. Paper, pads, and notebooks, too.

Every so often I flirt with the idea of drafting everything on paper, away from my work tainted computer, but the results have been underwhelming. I typically end up obsessing over paper, writing tools, organization. Then, next, I question the efficiency. Wouldn’t it be smarter and faster to just write it down in an electronic format? Probably. As creative? I don’t know. I only know that it’s different. I edit less while I write, but I also don experiment as much, on paper.

My newest thought (which is really just recycled, I’ve been over this before) is that an iPad Pro, possibly the large one, whose virtual keyboard features full-size keys, might combine everything best. The stylus would even allow for handwriting and traditional editing. In fact, I wait for a new model to get announced, knowing fully well I’ll agonize over the 10.5” vs 12.9” question for weeks.

I wonder, though, if this, and all the research and pondering that goes with it, isn’t all just procrastination in one of its countless disguises.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote