View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
Quote:
Also, I feel this may be unfair depending on how it's done. If Kindle users can borrow PDF or Mobipocket and get AZW back, then it really is unfair and should be stopped.
I don't see how this is unfair.

Quote:
Those of us that use ePub cannot borrow PDF or Mobipocket and get ePub. The other thing that may not be fair is that for the ePub users, sometimes we didn't get ePub if the library already had PDF and/or Mobipocket. So let's hope it's ePub only that Kindle users get to borrow.
Oh, it's only unfair because *Amazon* users may have access to some books that currently neither Amazon nor Epub users have easy access to. It doesn't *affect* epub users in any way, but because it helps Amazon users, its unfair. Even though it would have the effect of reducing wait lists...
It is unfair because it means the Kindle users get to jump in and get what they want when they don't deserve it. If the library has a PDF or Mobipocket format of a given eBook and no ePub, ePub users are unable to download the ePub even though Overdrive has it available for libraries in ePub. This is what could make things unfair. But we won't know if this is the case or not until it happens. I do have KindleForPC and the Kindle app on my iPhone. So I can check out what the situation is. But if this is going to happen, I just want it to be fair to everyone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote