View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #26
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Sounds good, sounds far more work than my minimal Python skills could have coped with so rather you than me .
Your python skills are fine. Where you are probably lacking is Qt skills, but that can be corrected.
Quote:
As you are someone who is clearly familiar with the code/writing features etc there is something else I would like. Got any ideas about an easy way to select all of the items within a user category (for applying as a search)? At the moment you have to ctrl+single click each one by one. Perhaps something like a "Select All" or similar right-click on the user category name?
Yea, you could do this. Take a look at gui.tag_view.py.show_context_menu. You could add a 'search for all' menu item. Add a method to gui.tag_view.TagsModel to generate a list of search token strings (look at the tokens method) Finally, change tag_view.context_menu_handler to accept the new action. The accept action would call the new method, then emit the search signal with a 'match_any' argument (see 'toggle' in tag_view for an example).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote