View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 01:10 PM   #24
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
However, as I wouldn't use the feature, I won't be submitting a patch. I asked because I was wondering about your rationale, and that was exactly the what you gave me.
I changed my mind, because I got curious about what code would really be necessary. Turned out to be a bit more complicated than I had thought (it always is), because I had to dynamically control the drop indicator by checking that the mouse pointer is over a user category and that the selected library view cell is an acceptable source. Took around 35 lines of code to control the indicator, and around 50 lines of code to update the category after a drop.

The code works with authors, publisher, series, non-multiple text custom columns, and series-like custom columns. I chose not to do tags and multiple custom columns, because it didn't make sense to me to add *all* the tags on a book to a user category.

Note that autoscroll and autoexpand are both enabled, so you don't need to position the tags pane first. However, I did notice that it wants to open only one category at a time. If you want to open another one, simply move the mouse pointer out of, then back into, the tags pane. Autoscroll by moving the mouse pointer to the bottom or the top.

Code is available in 'trunk', and will be in the next release.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote