View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
FlyHero
Member Retired
FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: N/A
Large screen, clear, simple.

My quest for a large screen replacement for a Kindle 4NT has been frustrating. What I am looking for:

-7" to 8" display preferred. Larger end of that the better.
-Very clear display (light background/dark text) when unlit
-Good font choices/adjustibility (weight and size like Kobo...not 2 or 3 choices like a Nook)
-Light must be able to turn totally off
-No difficult to source/support devices
-No asymmetric devices like Oasis and Forma
-If lit then no splotchy or uneven lights.

I use Calibre, don't care about book format as long as I can convert, do not use WiFi or stores on the device, don't sync or share. Simple is good and the display clarity/reading experience is all I really care about.

I am about to return a Kobo H202 as the display is just too dark. Nooks are too dark. Kindles I have seen are always in demo mode with light on 100% so cannot assesss but I do recall a Paperwhite 2 I tried a couple of years ago was much worse than the 4NT in clarity so I returned it. Basically I want a scaled up version of the 4NT display...anything like touch, lighting, features is a bonus.

Thanks for looking

Last edited by FlyHero; 07-07-2019 at 01:21 PM.
FlyHero is offline   Reply With Quote