View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #372
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Dell Latitude 10:
My "secret" favorite.
Cons:
b.) No keyboard solution. A bit unfair, I admit. For now, Microsoft basically is the only one with a solution. But Asus, for example, at least offers their own cover with an integrated Bluetooth keyboard. For Dell, I only find the usual solutions: 3rd party leather cover or standalone Bluetooth keyboard.
Not true, the Samsung ATIV (both models) has a most excellent keyboard solution. When attached the keyboard renders the ATIV Smart PC into a high end netbook, and the ATIV Smart PC Pro into an UltraBook.

As compared to the Latitude 10, the cons for the ATIV (Atom version) are it doesn’t have an easily replaceable battery, and the available security features that Dell offers are lacking. The pros are, of course, the available keyboard, the slightly larger screen (important for my ageing eyeballs, some say it makes it too big to be a tablet, but I don’t find it so), and price.

I had preordered a Latitude 10, but Dell’s months long delay in shipping caused me to cancel the order, and pick up the ATIV. In retrospect, I’m happy I did. I’m very satisfied with the ATIV, and any smaller would have rendered it pretty much useless for me.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote