View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 08:05 AM   #14
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
It uses graphical reflow a la k2pdfopt only on pdf scans without ocr layer in the background.

It is very fast on iPad 4 and it almost instantly changes size of letters (about 8 possible levels) and distance between sentences(three levels).
I tried duokan on an iPad 3 and it is definitely satisfactory for real time reading in terms of speed--impressively fast, but it didn't always piece the words together quite correctly in the example I tried (see attachments from my source file that I posted earlier in this thread--duokan images are screenshots from an iPad 3; k2pdfopt images are from the default settings). I did not realize that duokan had the capability to graphically re-flow text. How long has duokan had this feature?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k2vsduokan_pooh1.png
Views:	519
Size:	574.4 KB
ID:	128417   Click image for larger version

Name:	k2vsduokan_pooh2.png
Views:	503
Size:	773.0 KB
ID:	128418  
willus is offline   Reply With Quote