View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #9
crt
Enthusiast
crt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle keyboard, PocketBook Pro 912 (black), T62D with Gonyx
Hi again.
1. Duokan for Android (I used the so called 'HD' version) does have Text Reflow on scanned PDF images. Simply go to one of the pages with 'text' during normal reading and tap at the center. A small bar appears at the bottom with various icons/capabilities (e.g., crop page). We don't need them. Just above this bar at the bottom right of the page as small reddish 'T' icon appears. This is text-reflow. Tap on it and you will see what I mean
2. I had used k2pdfopt in the past. Good but has 2 important problems compared to Duokan: (a) You need to use a computer to run it before taking the result to an e-reader; this is cumbersome, when Duokan does it on the same device (the e-reader),
(b) It always produces images, which means that if you have a 'normal' PDF, increasing the PDF text means that you increase the image of the text, with an ugly result; Duokan recognizes 'normal' text and allows you to increase its size using normal fonts with an excellent result.
crt is offline   Reply With Quote