View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 07:07 AM   #9
Chiron scriba
Bücherwurm
Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Looking for a REAL dictionary

For over half a century I've been using English to read, write, think, talk, argue, take notes, swear and grumble, but it isn't my mother tongue. As a result I occasionally run into words I'd rather look up in a dictionary - some (mostly old) authors use a very sophisticated vocabulary and I hate missing the fine nuances.
Unfortunately the English-English dictionary I got with my Touch Lux 3 seems to be more a practical joke than a true dictionary: I think I could write a better one myself in a week or so.

Would anyone have an idea where I could get/download/purchase/pir*te a decent English dictionary for my confounded reading gadget?

The beer for the best hint is on me
Chiron scriba is offline   Reply With Quote