View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 12:14 PM   #81
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
TOCSaver potential plugin

Okay, I finally got some time and took a shot at creating TOCSaver_v010.zip.

This plugin should be used when a TOC is not based on headings (or the headings have incomplete text) and it should inject in the right headings and update title attributes so that if a user regenerates the TOC using Sigil tools it will come back quite close to the original NCX TOC. Effectively saving the current TOC into the xhtml files itself as needed.

If using an epub3, this plugin only parses the ncx and therefore you must use Sigil's epub3 Tools to generate an NCX from an existing Nav before launching the plugin.

This should be considered alpha level.

@Mister L, Please give it a try and let me know if this is what you wanted.

If and when it seems to work well enough, I will add it to its own thread and the plugin index.

Hope this helps.

KevinH
Attached Files
File Type: zip TOCSaver_v010.zip (2.9 KB, 129 views)
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote