View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 08:58 PM   #316
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompej View Post
Is it worth installing new firmware if i use KOreader only? Now I'm on 4.20.14601
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@pompej: Unlikely to matter on an EoL device.

I still usually recommend to keep track of things once in a while (because we do use bits and pieces here and there, and some of 'em may have a rather important impact), but it's less meaningful if you barely use Nickel at all, and even less so for a device that isn't part of the current generation of devices.

(i.e., if you had a Clara, I'd have said yes. That said, if your Aura SE is actually a r2, it's indeed a Mk. 7, so, yes, too ).
You forgot the updates to busybox and dosfstools in 4.22.15190. I don't know if busybox is being used, but the dosfstools update has drastically reduced the number of times Windows is reporting the drive to be dirty.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote