View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #62
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by erayd View Post
Gotcha. Would it be useful for me to put a 'wrapper' function in the main script that will let you call fflag inline with other php scripts rather than as a separate app?
No need. Figured out how to do it and I posted the changes to fflag in my previous reply. However, would it be possible to include a php script on your server that returns the HTML result inline? e.g. http://flag.erayd.net/print.php?source=ffnet&storyid=1234567 would return the fixed HTML source. Python is kicking my butt and I'm at a loss adapting the PHP code for chapter detection. Hoping to submit a stopgap FanFiction.Net Calibre recipe until I can code it entirely in Python.

Quote:
Your code will be linux-compatible unless you used bits of the win32 api, which is fairly unlikely. I will make sure it doesn't break any existing functionality before merging it though - might need your help debugging a merged fix, as I dont have a windows machine handy.
Okay, sounds good. Will be happy to help debug... Or maybe not debug but at least test if the merged code works. It's been a long time since I last programmed anything so I'm a bit rusty and I'm really not familiar with the Windows specific fixes rgibbo added. I just copied his code. Lol, this is actually my first foray into PHP scripting.

Quote:
I did email fanfiction.net before putting my webservice online (http://flag.erayd.net/), but never received a reply - I'll interpret that as meaning they don't have a problem with it.
Yep. Hopefully. Besides, it's just a service. You don't store fics permanently on your server, anyway. I think that, they might object to.

Quote:
Yay - this is my preferred method too as it means I don't have to bother with setting up the dav interface to subversion ;-).
Lol, don't understand whatever you said buy happy to have made your life easier.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote