View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 10:47 PM   #107
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltonmike View Post
Is anyone else having problems with loading books from Calibre via usb to Illumina XL HD? I had to fiddle with the settings in Calibre to get it to work but the book covers don't show on device. I have also tried copying a folder with book and cover, and downloading from calibre compagnon but neither shows the cover
I exclusively use calibre companion to get my books on the device. You don't say exactly how you are transferring the books to your device. Saying, "I had to fiddle with the settings in Calibre to get it to work" doesn't mean anything.

chaley the creator of calibre companion answered a similar question about Moon+ Reader. I'm betting his 2nd solution would work for you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The SD card issue has nothing to do with this problem. Moon+ gets the covers from the book file, not CC's database. If you aren't seeing covers then they are not in the books.

When you send a book using the wireless device, calibre automatically updates the metadata and cover in the copy of book file being sent (not the original). The same thing is true when you use the content server connection. However, when you use the cloud connection, calibre doesn't have the opportunity to update the book, so you get whatever cover (or lack thereof) is stored in the book.

There are two solutions.
  1. Use CC as the library manager, either in cover grid or list view. When you download a book, CC grabs the cover from the cloud and stores it in its database. It doesn't care about the cover in the book file.
  2. Update the metadata in the book manually using calibre so moon+ can see it. Two calibre commands that do this are polish and modify epub. If you want to further discuss these commands or alternatives, post in the main calibre forum.
Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote