View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 04:19 PM   #2
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have a number of phones with various versions of Android, from 4.x to 6.1 (I think). Several of these have the problem you're describing, however Moon+ can open books on their cards on any of them. What it can't do is write a book to the card.

I don't have a Moto G with a card. Mine is the original one with no card. But I do have a Moto E with a card and I keep all my books on the card. This uses Android 5.something and it does have the problem of being unable to write to the card except with built-in apps. Any app can read from the card.

I navigate to that card with Moon+ to open a book. That's never been a problem. But I worry about it not being able to write position information so if I'm going to keep reading a book I'll move it into main storage. I'm not sure I really have to do that but it's easy enough and it avoids potential problems.

I'm not sure if my answer has actually helped but if it has, good. If not, maybe explain a little more.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote