View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Javelin View Post
Yesss, aleyx, that did it, thanks.

As for upgrading, I have another machine that I will use to experiment with that.

My experience in the past with upgrading has not been good. Almost never has it gone smoothly, and of the many flavors of OS I have, (windows, mac, linux,) Ubuntu has been one of the worst although none are really good.

Somehow, libraries get updated, then older software can't run anymore without updating, sound quits working, and video has to be reconfigured.

The other choice is to start over and reinstall, but, I have a life, poor as it is.

But, you are right, sooner or later I will have to do, it's just a low priority for now.

Thanks again for your help, I will mark this as solved if I can figure out how.

Mark.
One of the mod can mark it as solved for you, just drop a pm to theducks or BetterRed.
I highly recommend upgrading as soon as possible, 12.04 is only getting critical security fixes now.
Try Linux Mint 17 Xfce, a light wight distro based on Ubuntu 1404.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote