View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 08:39 PM   #10
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnoz123 View Post
For me, when I deleted the original from Amazon, re converted it mobi to mobi in Calibre and then upped it again to Amazon it fixed the time issue you mentioned earlier and reset the furthest page read thingy.
I think the reason it was fixed is because you deleted it from the archives (server) and uploaded a new one. That alone fixes it, even if you re-upload the exact same file, because the "furthest page read" data is deleted along with the book. Uploading a new one (even the same file) is starting fresh.

I have a feeling the problem would reappear if the new one that you uploaded was finished. If you happen to test it, I'd be interested to hear the results.

Quote:
Also (I think) if you set Calibre to convert and use {author, series #, title} then in your Amazon account, if you choose Personal Doc and click the Title or maybe even the Author column, then each series will sort consecutively by title.
That may be true, but the problem is that I need to sort by DATE on the 'Manage My Kindle" page, so it doesn't work for that. Thanks anyway though
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote