View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #6
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
You might try resetting the time remaining as per this post to see if it helps:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194368
Wow, thanks! It worked. However, it only solved half the problem.

The "time remaining" is now correct, but Whispersync still thinks the "Furthest Page Read" is the end of the book, which means the book won't sync between devices.

I alternate between my PW2 at I'm home, and the iPhone app when I'm out, so being able to sync is important to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnoz123 View Post
I had a similar issue. I ended up deleting the whole series from Amazon and my devices, re converting them (in my case mobi to mobi using Calibre) and then uping them to Amazon again.
I'm not sure I understand. How does converting mobi to mobi solve the issue of the missing option to clear "Furthest Page Read"? The problem is that 'Personal Documents' only have two options (send & delete) next to them, as opposed to the six or so options on Amazon eBooks.

Does converting mobi to mobi make Amazon treat them as eBooks instead of Personal Documents? I heard there was a way to do that, but I don't remember how it was done or where I saw it.

Quote:
In Calibre (for instance) you can number each book in the series and when downloaded on to your PW you'll be able to see them listed as {author, series #, title} or any other way you'd like them sorted.
Thank you, yes, I do this already. Next to books, Calibre is my best friend

My concern about sorting wasn't about the Kindle; they sort just fine there. It's my amazon library (on the website). The series was uploaded months ago, and if I delete and re-up just this volume, then book #1 will be several pages away from the rest of the series, which will bug me. I can live with it, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to.
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote