View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #375
Popup
Zealot
Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle3, paperwhite-2012, Oasis-2016, paperwhite-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
My understand that the first released version of that font was called Nokia Pure Text and that it's missing some glyphs. It's a beta font and it crashed Kindles. The later version released is the one you want. XDA I believe has the fixed version.
I was intrigued by your mention of Nokia Pure. It looks very readable, yet with a certain grace. I found a version on XDA, that fontforge claims is version '4.14'. (I found it here)

However, when I put it on my PW and reset it, I got an error message 'Your Kindle is broken - contact tech support'. After another reboot it worked, but I couldn't see any of my 'custom' fonts. (After removing the .ttf's everything is back to normal.)

FontForge did complain that the PS name contained a space - could that be what the PW barfed at? I tried to change the name - but I must admit that I still haven't mastered the UI of FontForge.

Can you give some less subtle hints as to where a 'working' font can be found?

Last edited by Popup; 02-01-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Popup is offline   Reply With Quote