View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 04:40 AM   #10
zacheryjensen
Addict
zacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukoan View Post
Am I the only one who thinks having a touch screen is not such a good idea? Doesn't that increase the chances of experiencing glare on the screen, (because of the extra protective glass/plastic that is required) ?
It does add another layer of glare at an additional angle to the normal glare all glass screens demonstrate. That said, it's not hard to deal with especially if you're not inundated by a plethora of overhead spot lighting. A slight tilt generally gets you going. Same deal is required for most any reader at this point (though most are less noticeable than these touchscreen devices.) The glare was never the real issue, imho on the PRS-700. The 700 had a very obvious blurring effect too. *THAT* is gone. But so is the built in lighting so pros & cons I guess.

Personally if I'm reading where I need a light I'd much rather have my iPhone running stanza with a low brightness setting than a 1980's digital wristwatch style frontlight, but that's just me.
zacheryjensen is offline   Reply With Quote