View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #44
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by raac View Post
...it seems clear to everyone else that I was simply expecting the level of service found in most other on-line retailers and B&M stores. Assisting a customer in instances such as this is just good customer service: common sense for the retailer because it keeps customers coming back. This is so obvious it hardly needs to be said. So his comment was also provocative in that it ignores this.
And THIS is why I asked my original question.

I don't consider ebooks, or ANY digital media for that matter (music, magazine, television/movies), to be the same as their physical counterpart.

I don't agree with the premise that it's the same as B&M stores because the store clerk is able to make some kind of determination if the item has been used, and that's not possible (as far as I know) with a downloaded file.

But what does make sense is that it's a good policy because it keeps people coming back. I didn't ignore this, as it simply never occurred to me. As someone who doesn't click on wrong buttons, who would never choose the wrong item, to whom the entire idea of EVER doing such a thing is so illogical as to be rendered impossible, it's just not something I would ever have to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raac View Post
...Finally, searching through his previous posts immediately revealed a similar comment in response to another poster who was trying to get a refund from Kobo. So what sort of person repeatedly posts inflammatory, irrelevant, messages to online fora with the (apparent) intent of provoking an emotional response? So I called a spade, a spade. So now he's largely succeeded in diverting the thread into a discussion of my character, which apparently is of great interest to him. *sigh*
Yes, I am usually consistent in my views and opinions. I find that to be a good thing.

Anything and everything else, what you read into someone else's words, how and why you perceive things the way you do, and how you subsequently react, that's all on you.

I am not responsible for how you feel or your actions.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote