View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylos07 View Post
My gosh, I have search high and low and I can find maybe one page from early 2009 on ebook page formatting. So frustrating. Frustrating because I do not know what I am doing!

Please, what are the best or most common page dimensions for ebooks in early 2011?

I am currently in PDF form and had been using 5.5" x 7" (8.5" x 11" w/1.5" mar L&R and 2" mar T&B. This does not look so good.

Been using latest: Open Writer > PDF Tools 4 > PDF Viewer.
These are children's books my father wrote. We immagine some will read on a ebook reader hand held and many or most will print.

Please help. I have been creating the website, setting up pay options, formatting documents, editing art work, fighting with .css, etc. and I am burned out! This is for my 84 year old father.

Peace and Blessings
Rylos
If it really must be a PDF, then the most common ebook readers at the moment have a 6" diagonal, with 3:4 aspect ratio, which works out at 3.6" by 4.8"

So that should be your page size. Do not add large margins - 0.1" is plenty for the text, and there's a good argument for having none for pictures - let your pictures go right to the edge. (The screen of the ebook reader doens't go right to the edge of the device - that gives plenty of 'margin'.)