View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioib View Post
Well, if you mean the very special description that is given above and asking for my personal opinion, then yes, I think people could make much better use of their time by switching to something that instead of welling up their emotions for the sole purpose of making others financially benefit, could make'em think and grow (as they approach, little by little, the end of their lives).

As for people judging about my personal affairs, I always keep in mind the fact that every judgment is a personal opinion that might be true (although one can talk lifetimes about "truth" and find themselves nowhere).
I will respectfully disagree. As a whole, about half the books that I read are romance. I enjoy them because they are uplifting and enjoyable. And I'd like to point out that romance novels assisted me in getting a kick ass score on the verbal section of the GREs (true story).

If I'm not reading romance, I'm reading anything from Agatha Christie and other murder mysteries, "classics," history books, pretty much everything under the sun. I've read lots and lots of books, but I still love my romance. I don't see why this is a problem. Who cares what people read, as long as they are reading and enjoy it?

And I'm not sure what you mean by welling up my emotions for someone else's financial benefit?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote